Continuous wet grain hulling machines MMSH and MMSHH-5 (further in the text - machine) are designed for cleaning the surface of grain, partial separation of bran covering, germ, seed hair and moistening grain at flour-grinding enterprises to work in combination with other types of equipment included in the scheme the technological process of the mill.
Technical productivity, tons per hour, min.
Rated capacity, kW, max.
Rotor speed frequency, rpm:
Overall dimensions, mm:
Weight, kg, max.
Water consumption, liters per hour, max:
for washing grain ( 120... .130 liters per 1 ton of grain)
for washing off the husk
Rotor diameter, mm
Reducing grain ash content, %, min.
Grain moisture, %:
- for wheat 1... .111 types
- for wheat 1V type
Ash content of waste, %
- for wheat 1... .111 types
- for wheat 1V type
Water pressure in the pipeline, kPa (kg/sm²), min
The machine consists of a body 1, a mesh cylinder 2, a rotor 3 with blades 4 for vertical movement of grain, a receiving branch pipe 6, a branch pipe for removing the washed husked grain 7, a drive 8, a lower funnel 9 intended for draining the waste water, and a water distribution unit 20 (Appendix 1 Fig.1).
The water distribution unit includes:
- electromagnetic 2-way normally closed valve type EV 220А 10B, G 12N NC000, код 042U 4014 (Fig.1 item 21);
- pressure gauge PN = 10 kg/sm², d = 100, GOST 2405-88 (Fig.1 item 22);
- rotameter RM-0,4 ZHUZ, GOST 14045-81 (Fig.1 item 23);
- three-way tensioning coupling valve with a flange for a control pressure gauge, DN = 15, p = 16 kg/sm², TU 26-07-1061-84 (Fig.1 item 24);
- valves 15 8p2 DN = 15 GOST 18722-73 (Fig.1 item 25).
One of the main bodies of the machine is rotor 3, consisting of a shaft and three sockets. Six beaters are bolted to the sockets, fastened at the bottom with a steel ring . On each beater 12 blades are welded, each of which is located at an angle of 45o to the horizontal. At the top, on the beaters, there are blades that throw the grain into the outlet. The lower part of the rotor at a height of 345 mm is located in an annular channel between the walls of the inner cone and the outer cylinder. This part of the machine is the washing zone. The rotor shaft rotates in the upper 10 and lower 11 bearing assemblies. The bearing housings are attached to the top cover and base of the machine body. The assembled rotor is balanced with a permissible imbalance of 2 gm. The rotor is driven by an electric motor 12 using a V-belt transmission. The tension of the belts is provided by the tensioning pins.
The mesh cylinder of the wet peeling machine brand MMSH consists of three parts, bolted together. The mesh cylinder of the wet peeling machine brand MMSHH-5 consists of two parts also bolted together. The cylinders are installed in such a way that the outlet part of the 1,1x10 scaly holes faces in the direction of rotation of the rotor. Grain shells and waste water enter the free space, which are then removed from the machine. From the surface of the mesh cylinder . It consists of a tubular ring 14 with two rows of holes.
The principle of the machine is as follows:
Grain through the inlet spout 6 is uniformly fed into the washing area of the machine. Water is supplied at the same time. Its flow rate by a rotameter 23 (Fig.1). The grain fed into the lower part of the machine is picked up by the shovels and rises up, passing through the washing, pressing and hulling zone, the ejection chamber. Grain at the moment of lifting under the action of the centrifugal force created by the rotor is thrown to the surface of the mesh cylinder. As a result of friction between the caryopses and against the flake sieve, the surface of the grain is cleared of torn shells and partially from germ and seed hair. During this removes excess moisture from the grain surface. From the squeezing and hulling zone, the grain enters the upper chamber, from where it is removed from the machine with blades through the nozzle 7. The particles passing through the holes in the mesh cylinder fall down. Particles deposited on the outer surface of the cylinder and the inner surface of the machine body are periodically washed off with water and, together with the bulk of the waste, are removed from the machine.
In the presence of voltage in the power supply circuit of the RV-1 cyclic time relay, its contacts are closed (control range from 0.3 to 3 minutes). During this voltage is supplied to the EK 1 solenoid valve, it turns on, thereby providing water supply. At the end of the cycle, the closing contact opens (control range is from 3 to 30 minutes), while the voltage supply to the EK 1 solenoid valve is stopped. By shutting off the water supply, the valve returns to its original position. The cycle repeats itself.
The quality of removal of particles from the mesh cylinder depends on the following factors:
- the degree of grain cleaning in front of the machine;
- grain condition (texture);
- system water pressure;
- the duration of the flushing cycles and the time between them.
When starting the machine, all these factors are taken into account and the visual inspection adjusts the duration of the flushing and the time between these cycles. The time relay must be placed in the control cabinet of this machine.
While the machine is operating under load, particular attention should be paid to:
- uniform feeding of the product into the machine, avoiding overloading;
- adhesion of husks to the walls of the machine body and the mesh cylinder, preventing the holes in the mesh cylinder from sticking;
- water consumption according to the readings of the rotameter;
- operation of an automatic washing device, controlling the period of washing and a pause for flowing water. The water pressure in the pipeline must be at least 300 kPa (3 kg/sm²);
- tightness of connections, preventing loosening of threaded connections and water leakage;
- waste, avoiding the presence of grain;
- sanitary condition and absence of extraneous noise in the operation of the machine.
As a result of processing grain in the machine, waste is obtained, which mainly consists of shell particles. The amount of waste in relation to grain is 0.11%. The ash content of waste when processing wheat of types 1...111 is 3,15%, 1V - 2,98%. During testing, the machine provided a reduction in grain ash content from 0.02 to 0.05%.
Grain moistening was 1.9% for wheat of types 1...111 and 1.6% for type 1V wheat.